The Big Fib
The hilarious game show where kids have to figure out who’s an expert, and who’s a liar, liar, pants on fire.
Does your child want to be a contestant on The Big Fib podcast?
We invite kids to participate on a rolling basis as we set up each show. Kid contestants must be between 8-11 years old, and they must be able to make a high-quality recording of themselves at home. To do that, they will need:
· access to the Zoom app and the ability to join a video Zoom call with a good, strong internet connection
· the ability to record and send audio files – separately from Zoom – using apps or software such as Garage Band, ProTools, Logic Pro, or QuickTime Player.
· a good external microphone that plugs into their computer – NOT a microphone attached to a headset. We may be able to loan you a microphone if in stock and if you live within the United States.
· a quiet room (this is important). A room without windows is best, or a tent, closet or other quiet enclosed space where a ‘human child contestant’ can record for an hour or so with the help of an adult.
If you have all of that, then you can submit no more than a couple of minutes of video of your child as their application. In the video application, we’d like kids to:
· introduce themselves with their first and last name, age, and town where they live,
· talk about favorites (favorite activities, school subjects, animals, foods, etc.),
· and tell us about a unique talent or unusual hobby or an accomplishment that gives them great pride.
They do not need to be an expert in any particular area, and they do not have to have any experience on stage or in podcasts. Don’t worry about practicing or editing the video. We are not looking for actors reading scripts but prefer when kids show us who they are in real life! Asking your child questions off-camera, like an interview, is a good way of approaching this. The video application should be emailed by a child’s parent/guardian to firstname.lastname@example.org, as an .mp4, .mov, .wmv, or .avi file.